The WorldDEMTM Streaming Service provides access to the global WorldDEM™ database via two protocols. These protocols include WMTS for free unlimited access to relief map viewing and WCS for accessing the data in full resolution.
WorldDEM Streaming is made of two service components:
- Viewing (WMTS): Browse, discover, and experience the global WorldDEM and WorldDEM4Ortho dataset by viewing the colourised relief map.
- Data Access (WCS): Generate value added information by analysing line-of-sight, modelling run-offs, or by ortho-rectifying satellite images and create a coloured raster image, shaded relief, or contour lines map.
WorldDEM Streaming Service
- WorldDEM: A Digital Surface Model (DSM) with unprecedented quality, accuracy and coverage. WorldDEM provides a reliable and precise reference layer to enhance a wide range of applications.
- WorldDEM4Ortho: An elevation information layer optimised for the orthorectification of high-resolution (HR) and very high resolution (VHR) optical satellite imagery.
- Format: GeoTIFF (32 Bit Floating point)
- Min. AOI size: 1 km²
- Max. AOI size per request: 1 million km²
Further information on the offer
- The WorldDEM Streaming offer is a commercial web service, granting global* access to WorldDEM database: Full resolution WorldDEM via WCS and free unlimited access to relief map viewing (WMTS)
- A weblink for WorldDEM streaming is provided allowing direct connection to the customer’s GIS.
- This offer comes with a yearly subscription model (pre-payment)
- Multiple use of a given km² for all packages (only pay once for same area)
- Starter and Advanced packages offer the “lowest entry to high-quality data”
- Consumption can be monitored and tracked online (via separate webpage)
* On demand release request for sensitive countries
Note: When using the streaming service with a Desktop GIS we suggest to load both datasets (Viewing and Data Access) and to deactivate the Data Access Layer for the visualization. You can then navigate using the Viewing Service and do the processing on the Data Access Layer.
Please use the Chat Box in the bottom right hand corner to submit questions about the service.