The protection of our forest resources, biodiversity and climate change are issues that occupy a major place in our society. Starling delivers incomparable forestry analytics to support people in their journey to curve deforestation and better protect our Ecosystem.
With Starling, access a digital service that provides accurate land cover maps and forest cover change data. Enhanced with your supply chain information, it enables you to take action, towards a more sustainable policy and forest management strategy.
Starling is a remote sensing solution that uses a combination of optical and radar satellites images, such as Airbus’ SPOT constellation, which combines large coverage capabilities with 1.5m resolution. SPOT 6 and 7 are complemented by other satellite data, including radar sensors such as Sentinel 1, for regular monitoring.
What's In It?
The Basemap: Includes a reference layer that differentiates natural forest from tree plantations, to distinguish regular logging within plantations from actual deforestation.
Forest Monitoring: Identifies forest cover change through key criteria, such as forest type under threat, size and dynamics of deforestation.
The Dashboard: Analytics designed to prioritize decision making and provides a global view of deforestation to drive supply chain transformation and land use.
What are the Key Benefits of Starling?
- Identify deforestation risks and drivers: Understand the rate and causes of degradation in particular areas.
- Verify commitments and take action: Guide decision-making to save time and cost by focusing on key areas.
- Engage relevant stakeholders: Ensure engagement across a variety of supply chains.
- Measure impact: Demonstrate progress and communicate transparently about it.
- Commodity driven: Relevant insights and information for each industry.
- Fit for action: Customised dashboard and deforestation alerts, meaningful analytics and evidence-based reporting tools.
- Global monitoring: Complete, precise and regular coverage of the supply chain(s).
- Easy to use: Digital and interactive platform.
Please use the Chat Box in the bottom right hand corner to submit questions about the service.