Based on Airbus satellite imagery and on the expertise of Pinkmatter (industrial partner in South Africa), Stack Insight facilitates volume calculations and change detection, allowing operators to monitor their mines without sending people into the field. The monitoring reports are available through a dedicated portal within 3 days after acquisition.
Mainly used for the mining industry, this could be used for any type of stacks (paper, earth, minerals, wood, etc.)
Features & Benefits
Combination of two offers:
• Change Analysis: Change detection analysis reports to follow changes on active areas of extraction, including water bodies and other surface changes.
• Volumetric calculation: Report with calculation of extracted ground and piles of excavated material or waste material
- Error rate < 2% vs 5% best error rate with land surveyor
- Reliable and regular coverage of any area worldwide
- Rapid delivery of information through a dedicated portal thanks to the satellite revisit capabilities and the algorithm used to process the data
- Time: as the data analysis is automated
- Cost: the service is remote; there is no need to send people on the ground to perform measurement
- Mines operator often located in remote and dangerous areas
- Because of the pandemic, it results difficult to go on the ground and hence monitoring the mining activity from space takes a reinforced importance and value
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Stack Insight as the perfect tool to monitor mines to anticipate environmental concerns and comply with regulations